Join One of Midwest’s Fastest Growing Engineering Teams
Position: Senior Controls Electrical Engineer
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Firm: Industrial Technology Group (ITG) provides comprehensive engineering solutions and consulting services to a broad base of clients in renewable fuels, food and beverage, power and water, and manufacturing industries. The staff of professionals at ITG specializes in project management, process design, mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering, instrumentation controls and integration. ITG continues to provide innovative, cost-effective and quality engineering solutions that are responsive to client’s needs in a professional and profitable manner.
Description: ITG currently has a position opportunity for a senior controls electrical engineer for our Champaign, IL office. This position is responsible for the design, maintenance, configuration, and upgrade of site instrumentation, automation and control systems.
- Performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of electrical engineering to the functional area of the assignment.
- Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines, clients and vendors from conceptual design through start-up.
- Completes the design, program, and start-up support for HMI, PLC, and Servo Motors for industrial clients.
- Perform the design of complete control systems for a variety of industrial clients. This will include specifying and designing:
- Electrical schematics, control panels, instruments, motor control centers, PLC/HMI hardware and software.
- Perform PLC/HMI programming and start-up.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Serves as liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education: Preferred but not mandatory: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and ability to become registered as a Professional Engineer.
Experience: 5-10 years work experience in controls.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience: Benefits typical of industry including holiday,vacation, health insurance, disability and life insurance plus 401K program.
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org